True story: I am probably one of the very few Nashvillians left that still loves the snow (maybe a handful of us left…maybe only me after today?!)! I am happy to report that Nashville saw more snow again today! This snow came in pretty fast and hit just before rush-hour (which is the equivalent of a state of emergency here in two plow town). Jon and I usually carpool in the winter but since he had been on the road for almost an hour and was still nowhere in sight I decided to walk home in the snow. Even though this was an unexpected way of getting home it was lovely 🙂
Things I am thankful for today:
- That I wear Uggs to work everyday even though ‘they’re called Uggs cause they’re ugly’. I wouldn’t have made it home without falling in flats.
- That I live one mile from where I work.
- That I live walking distance home from work!
- That my phone has a camera – even though it doesn’t take great pictures
Vanderbilt’s campus looked beautiful covered in snow!
Things Jon is thankful for today:
- That he has an FJ.
- That his FJ has 4WD.
- That his FJ is lifted and can hop curbs.
Things Jon is not thankful for today:
- That everyone else on the roads does not have any of the above.
- That it took him two hours to drive home (see #1 above).
I am happy that I can now legitimately tell my kids that I walked home up-hill in the snow! And this is what I looked like after that endeavor (please note the icicles on my eyelashes):
Update: from the Tennessean the morning after.